Thursday, May 16, 2013




Life.
You never know just how fragile it is until either you have lost someone, come close to losing your own life, or that of a family member or until you witness a birth.  I have been very blessed in my life.  Yes, there have been many trials and bumps in the road, if you will, but all in all, it has been good.  I have had the chance to travel to places that I have only dreamt about, achieved things in my life that I honestly didn't think I could and became a grandma to the sweetest little pumpkin in the world.

Two events.
I had the chance to go to New York and witness the commissioning of the USS New York.  What a surreal moment in time for me.  I had the opportunity to sit with the families of the loved ones that were lost in  the 9-11 attack on the twin towers.  I cried right along with these families as Hilary Clinton, Rudy Giulini

Lily.
Lillian Beth Tinder made her debut on my late father's birthday on Jan 5, 2013.  My son, her daddy, and I live 1000 miles apart and I have only met her the week I went back to my hometown when she was 3 weeks old. What a bundle of happiness, that one!  Already she was smiling and cooing.  I never knew that I could love anyone so much~what is it about grandchildren??  My heart grew 10 times bigger the moment I had her in my arms and she made contact with me.
 In T-30 seconds we will be able to Skype with each other and bridge the distance that keeps us apart. She is my heart.  My pride and joy, and I must say, she has the BEST daddy ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment