Sunday, December 18, 2011

Introduction to FrenchGirlChic

Welcome to FrenchGirlChic. Let me introduce myself. I am a native of Wisconsin, having just moved to Louisiana to marry my high school crush.  I will be honest, I really had no desire to uproot myself, sell a day spa/salon that I have owned and operated for 15+ years to move almost a thousand miles away from my children, family and friends.  But, sometimes the heart wants what it wants and since my husband retired from the Air Force after 20 years and lived in Louisiana for the past 15 years with a good job under his belt, I felt the least I could do was bite the bullet and start anew.  How did I know that I would grow to actually LOVE this new environment of mine? It is truly a hidden gem.  How so?  The culture, my friend, is unlike anything I have ever experience in my rural midwest hometown. Let's just say that we don't have Mardi Gras in Wisconsin.  You know what is truly ironic?  It feels natural here for me. I AM a french girl, after all...my 8th cousin is Celine Dion herself..not that she knows or even cares for that matter..but, for me, it makes me feel like I belong.
So, what is this FrenchGirlChic blog all about?  Hopefully, it will be uplifting,  a place for inspiration, whether from a piece of art..a thought for the day...little ancedotes...style...recipes...Let your imagination go where it will. 
We are just getting started and I have tons of pictures of places to share with you and stories to tell you...so, if you could just be patient with me or if you feel you would like to give me some pointers..or thoughts, they are greatly appreciated.  After all, this is for YOU. :)
Until we meet again..

2 comments:

  1. Welcome to the world of blogging! I'm looking forward to exploring with you. Best of luck with your new endeavor.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much, Parrot. I'm going to give it my all...and then some. :) Happy Holidaze!!!!

    ReplyDelete